Nuvance Health, New York and Connecticut’s massive healthcare network that currently manages some of the area’s largest facilities including Sharon Hospital in CT, and Northern Dutchess Hospital in NY has temporarily restricted visitor access to its hospitals across the region. In a statement released Monday morning, Nuvance had the following to say in regard to the new policy:
To continuously ensure a healthy and safe environment for patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, no visitors are allowed at any Nuvance Health hospital or facility until further notice. Exceptions apply for:
- Active Labor and Delivery: Patient can have one (single) support person during labor and delivery
- Pediatric, NICU, and Nursery: Two parents/guardians per one patient per day
- Extenuating Circumstances: Patient’s care team will discuss special circumstances with the patient and their family/appropriate person(s). Extenuating circumstances may include: end-of-life care, life-threatening admission to the hospital, patient’s inability to thrive without support person, legal guardian required, interpreter required, or support person required for transportation.
Additional information for visitors:
- COVID-19 Suspected or Confirmed Patient: Patients who are suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 will not be allowed any visitors.
- Screenings: All visitors will be subject to an active screening for risk factors of COVID-19. Temperatures may be checked. Visitors should be prepared to answer questions about their recent travel history. Visitors showing signs of respiratory illness, such as cough, fever, or difficulty breathing/shortness of breath will be asked to go home.
- Visiting Hours: Visiting hours may change as this situation develops. Please call the hospital to confirm visiting hours before you come to the hospital.
Nuvance officials say, “We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this visitation policy may cause you and your family. This is a very important way to limit the risk of possible exposure to COVID-19 to you, your loved ones, and the community. We know that visitors and loved ones play an essential role as partners in healing and wellness. That’s why this visitation policy will be reevaluated daily and removed as soon as conditions allow.”
Visit nuvancehealth.org/coronavirus for the latest information